Friday, January 28, 2011

Atkins Diet Recipes: Fauxtatoes (IF)

My second cooking show how to make foods with a low-carb comfort. Fauxtatoes are a great dish for Thanksgiving or for those who usually struggle to get their vegetables. Some of my children and my wife also cameo appearances in this video. It 's the least we try to endure the taste that I do, I can do to try new recipes. Members of my family is not low-carbing also like this recipe as an alternative to starchy mashed potatoes. Try this recipe, I think it will be a hit with yougood! Recipe: 1 head cauliflower 2.5 tablespoons butter 1 / 3 cup heavy cream 1 cube of chicken stock 1 teaspoon salt white pepper Directions: * Cook until cauliflower is fork tender. Drain well. * Place cooked cauliflower and other ingredients (crush bouillon cube first) into the food processor. Run up until the consistency of mashed potatoes. You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl to prevent lumps a couple of times. Makes 6 servings Total Fat 1.04g2% saturated fat, monounsaturated fatty acids 0.63g3%0.26 g Polyunsaturated fat 0.22g Cholesterol Sodium 287.66mg12 3.06mg1%%% potassium Carbohydrates 426.82mg12 7.64g3 fiber 3.5g14%% Sugar 3.53g protein 2.77g6% (IF = Induction Friendly)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpyORHh9w6M&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment