Sunday, February 19, 2012

Atkins Diet Recipes: Low Carb Cheesecake Squares (IF*)

***Join the Atkins Diet Video Facebook fan page -bit.ly & My Low Carb Blog - www.atkinsdietgeek.com *** In partnership with FaveDiets ( http ) recipe site, this recipe was tweaked from another recipe used by permission developed by Jennifer Eloff. (low-carb-news.blogspot.com I bumped up the cream cheese (or actually neufchatel cheese) content and altered the crust slightly to my favored nut crust. I really like this recipe if you have company, and want to set some bars out for people to eat with their hands. The butter in the filling helps hold the cheesecake like a bar as opposed to how cheesecake typically feels. If you do wish it to be Induction friendly, you can drop the fruit and the crust from the recipe, but of my reading of DANDR, the crust (sans whey protein) should be legal for those after the first 14-day Induction period. Here is the recipe as I made it: Topping: * 12 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened * 1 egg * ½ cup sour cream * ½ cup SPLENDA® Granular * 2 tbsp unsalted butter * 1 tsp vanilla extract * 1/2 cup canned fruit cocktai, strawberries, or blueberries I bumped up the cream cheese a bit more to make the bars a bit bigger and a bit more like cheesecake. I estimate that I could get 18 small pieces from my recipe or more likely 12-15 servings. Nutrition Information (per each of 15 servings) 188 Calories, 17g Fat, 6g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber, 5.7g Protein For more free healthy recipes, cooking tips and tutorials go to www.FaveDiets.com (IF*) - Induction ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEaZCHWLiTI&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment