Sunday, May 20, 2012

Atkins Diet Recipe: Low Carb Slow Cooked Grilled Ribs

** Recipe included in my new low carb, gluten free cookbook, Low Carbing Among Friends. Please check it out at our website @ www.amongfriends.us ** In partnership with FaveDiets ( http ) recipe site, one of my fellow recipe vloggers and friends, SmokeyGoodness, (www.youtube.com asked me for my recipe for the ribs I made last weekend. It just so happened that St. Louis-style ribs again were on special for an awesome $1.59 per pound at my local grocer. I was happy enough to oblige him with this video. In an era of nearly $4/lb bacon, ribs are a fantastic deal and serve as great way to continue the grilling season. I prefer the slow cook method to grilling ribs and chose to use the oven instead of the grill or smoker (which I don't have) simply to preserve my propane supply as long as possible. SmokeyGoodness used his charcoal grill in his 4-Flip Ribs (bit.ly for that purpose. I'll fully admit that is a better solution, but I don't have a charcoal option currently. A couple final notes: * in between takes, I helped out at the annual Fall Festival for the Fire Department, which led to the change of shirts. * The sauce on top of the ribs is a low carb BBQ sauce from Heinz. It's called "Light Original" and is roughly 2g for the amount on each rib serving. *Join the Facebook page - www.facebook.com * My Low Carb Blog - www.atkinsdietgeek.com -=Low Carb Rib Rub=- Ingredients 3/4 cup Granulated Splenda 1/2 cup Chili powder 1/2 cup Salt 1/4 cup garlic powder 2 TBS Onion Powder 1 ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsFCzRo-Nm8&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment